Learn More About
Spray Tanning With CalTan
Before & After
Before Spray Tanning
- Make an appointment at least 24 hours in advance to confirm your reservation
- Shower before your appointment
- You’ll need at least 6 hours after spray tan before you can shower
- Avoid using products that may contain oil such as; lotions, moisturizers, deodorant, makeup and perfume
- Shave the day of or the day before your spray tan – use a new sharp razor
- We recommend that you use an oil-free scrub to exfoliate before spray tan
- Because some of the product may transfer from the skin to clothing after a spray tan, wear dark, loose-fitting clothing. Spray tan product will wash out of clothing if cleaned immediately
After Spray Tanning
- Don’t use swimming pools or hot tubs as they can contain chemicals that may affect spray tan result
- Remember: spray tans do not provide UV protection when outdoors
- Air Brush tans typically last up to 2 weeks and will then fade similarly to a natural suntan
- Wait 6-8 hours after spray tan before showering
- Shower instead of bathing (avoid scrubbing) and gently use a towel carefully and blow-dry
- Expect to see a lot of colors (initial bronzers) come off during your first shower – this is normal
- Moisturize your body after showering
Frequently Asked Questions
Anywhere from 6 – 8 hours is recommended.
Typically Spray Tans can last up to 2 weeks. If you have an event or are going on holidays, we recommend coming in 1 – 2 days prior.
In order to guarantee you a spot, we recommend making an appointment.
We recommend wearing dark, loose fitting clothing after your spray tan session.
Yes, this is an option. Many people who prefer not to spray tan their face will use make up to adjust the color on their face.
No. The results will be perfect with one application. If you do choose to do another application, ensure that the color from the previous spray has completely come off your skin.
Due to the fact that the pool or ocean will dry out your skin, the spray tan will tend to exfoliate off quicker.
Yes. Spray Tans DO NOT provide any protection from the sun so an SPF is still required.
Yes. Spray tan solution is made up water, DHA, and Aloe Vera. The Spray Tan is NON-trans dermal which means it will not sink into the skin. Please note that due to changes in hormones, the results of the spray tan can vary from person to person.
register today to get the latest specials & promotions
© 2018 CALTAN ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.